- Definition, diagnostic history and models of trauma
- Theories of trauma as applied to specific events/issues
- Trauma within social contexts
- Disscusion forum/Discussion Board
- Embedded Multimedia
- Online Quizzes/Tests
- Web links
- Welcome letter
- Printable format materials
You cannot enrol in this unit if you have successfully completed any of the following subject(s) because they are considered academically equivalent:
You must have successfully completed the following subject(s) before starting this subject:
You must also complete two (2) Level 2 subjects in Psychology before starting this subject. Do not enrol into this subject if you have successfully completed PSY20002.
No special requirements
This subject introduces students to the nature of trauma, post-trauma responses and the ways in which people recover from trauma. Students will develop an understanding of the concept of traumatic stress from multiple theoretical perspectives.
Please note: assessment values are indicative only, details will be advised at the start of the subject.
- Assignment 1 - Written (40%)
- Assignment 2 - Test — Online (20%)
- Assignment 3 - Invigilated Exam (40%)