Project Quality and Resource Management
Discover what is meant by project management governance and identify its place in the project process.Broker an understanding of industry standards. Research project procurement practices. Learn how to ensure quality planning, assurance and control.
Enrolments for this year have closed. Keep exploring subjects.
Swinburne University of Technology leads the way with innovative and new ways of teaching, learning and thinking. It offers a wide range of study options, from pre-apprenticeships, undergraduate, postgraduate and PhDs, including online degrees with Open Universities Australia. Swinburne is known for career-oriented education and encouraging lifelong learning.
QS RANKING 2021
Times Higher Education Ranking 2021
Students who successfully complete this subject will be able to:
- Apply advanced knowledge of project governance structures, industry standards and procedures for project control and practices
- Critically evaluate and communicate the processes required to make effective use of people and other resources involved in a project
- Critically evaluate the processes required to acquire goods and services from outside the project organisation and explain principles for improving project procurement
- Develop advanced knowledge of quality planning, quality assurance and quality control practices to ensure that projects will satisfy the needs for which they are undertaken
- Communicate effectively as a professional and function as an effective leader or member of a diverse team
- Project Governance: Introduction of governance in a Project Management context
- Project plan development
- Monitoring the project and change control process
- Project Quality Management
- Quality assurance
- Quality control
- Resource Management
- Organisational planning
- Staff acquisition and team development
- Procurement planning
- Solicitation planning
- Contract administration
You cannot enrol in this subject if you have successfully completed any of the following subject(s) because they are considered academically equivalent:
You must have successfully completed the following subject(s) before starting this subject:
SWI-INF70005-Strategic Project Management, or SWI-INF70001 ;
No special requirements
This subject was previously known as INF80004 IT Project Resource Management.
Achieving successful project outcomes requires appropriate project governance and the procurement and management of resources, especially the management of people. The application of the principles of quality are essential to for supporting the whole process. In this subject students will develop an understanding of project management governance, its context and dimensions in the overall project process. As part of this the organisational context and the various constraints that can influence project success are explored, including resource management, team capability and performance, and procurement processes. Quality principles are taught and applied to the whole project management process.
- Assignment 1— Individual (20-30%)
- Assignment 2 — Individual (30-50%)
- Assignment 3— Group (30-40%)