There are no available classes. Find another subject.
Swinburne University of Technology leads the way with innovative and new ways of teaching, learning and thinking. It offers a wide range of study options, from pre-apprenticeships, undergraduate, postgraduate and PhDs, including online degrees with Open Universities Australia. Swinburne is known for career-oriented education and encouraging lifelong learning.
Students who successfully complete this subject will be able:
- Demonstrate an understanding of basic structured programming concepts and constructs
- Use programming skills and basic usability principles to design and implement simple applications
- Contrast applications generated by Content Management Systems with those created by software developers
- Apply testing strategies to demonstrate that an application meets its specifications.
- Basics of good design, useability
- Basics of good testing techniques
- Using programming concepts to extend applications developed using Content Management Systems (such as WordPress and WordPress Frameworks)
- Dealing with data files
- Dealing with an object model (such as a spreadsheet object model)
- Automating spreadsheet functionality
You cannot enrol in this subject if you have successfully completed any of the following subject(s) because they are considered academically equivalent:
- SWI-ICT10013-Programming Concepts
No special requirements
This subject was previously coded ICT10013 and COS10012
This subject aims to introduce students to basic structured programming concepts needed for programming development in a variety of environments such as spreadsheets, web, desktop and mobile applications. Students will apply basic design and useability concepts to simple applications.
- (Individual) (100%)