Problem Solving with ICT
There are no available classes. Find another subject.
Swinburne University of Technology leads the way with innovative and new ways of teaching, learning and thinking. It offers a wide range of study options, from pre-apprenticeships, undergraduate, postgraduate and PhDs, including online degrees with Open Universities Australia. Swinburne is known for career-oriented education and encouraging lifelong learning.
Students who successfully complete this subject will be able to:
- Identify and define problems in an organisational context
- Select and apply various ICT tools and techniques to solve organisational problems
- Build a solution to address an organisation problem
- Evaluate the effectiveness and viability of an ICT solution from an organisational value perspective
- Demonstrate working effectively in a team environment.
- Introduction to Problem Solving
- Project Plan, Project Planning and Methodology
- Information Gathering, Questions & Communication
- Content Management Systems & Hosting Requirements
- Business Value & Process Improvement
- Team Dynamics
- Overview of computer systems in terms of hardware, software and networking
- Usability Testing
- Innovation and Creativity
- Teamwork, planning and collaboration
- Report Writing & Presentation Techniques
- Audio/Video conferencing
- Chat Rooms
- Discussion forum/Discussion Board
- Embedded Multimedia
- Online Quizzes/Tests
- Online assignment submission
- Standard Media
- Web links
You cannot enrol in this subject if you have successfully completed any of the following subject(s) because they are considered academically equivalent:
No special requirements
Please note: This subject was previously known as SWI-ICT10001 Problem Solving with ICT
Every day we are faced with problems or difficulties at all levels in our life that require each of us to develop strategies to resolve these concerns and often involve the use of methods and tools. This subject will provide students with an opportunity to explore various approaches to problem analysis and solving in a complex organisation framework. This subject will develop students’ ability to provide fundamental thinking and analysis to unfamiliar problems and present their investigation through the use of a wide range of innovative Information Communication Technologies (ICT) that can utilise cloud, design and development of prototypes, written reporting and presentation.
While it is important to analyse and solve problems it is equally important to be able to adequately reflect and to assess the learning taking place relative to your actual experience in undertaking this subject.
- Individual/Group (100%)