Principles of Advertising
Enrolments for this year have closed. Keep exploring subjects.
Swinburne University of Technology leads the way with innovative and new ways of teaching, learning and thinking. It offers a wide range of study options, from pre-apprenticeships, undergraduate, postgraduate and PhDs, including online degrees with Open Universities Australia. Swinburne is known for career-oriented education and encouraging lifelong learning.
QS RANKING 2020
Times Higher Education Ranking 2020
Students who successfully complete of this subject will be able to:
- Discuss the key principles of advertising
- Identify advertising's role in integrated brand promotion programs
- Explain the relationship of key theories underlying effective advertising to core advertising practices
- Apply the principle of effective and efficient advertising to given situations.
- The notion of brands and advertising's role in business and society; social and cultural perspectives;
- Advertising industry in Australia
- Practice, regulation, the law and ethical considerations in advertising
- Theories in strategic research and planning for advertising purposes
- Understanding audience motivations
- Consumer use of print media/channels
- Creative ideas and concept presentation for media/channels and copywriting basics
You cannot enrol in this subject if you have successfully completed any of the following subject(s) because they are considered academically equivalent:
No special requirements
- Open Book (30%)
- Online (20%)
- Major (40%)
- Pitch (10%)