The Creative Artefact: Publication Folio B
Continue the development of your writing folio. Complete the artefact and exegesis that you began in Writing and Praxis: Publication Folio A (PWR80005).Research a wide range of writing genres including crime, business and short story writing.
Your upfront cost: $0
- 29 Aug 2022
Swinburne University of Technology leads the way with innovative and new ways of teaching, learning and thinking. It offers a wide range of study options, from pre-apprenticeships, undergraduate, postgraduate and PhDs, including online degrees with Open Universities Australia. Swinburne is known for career-oriented education and encouraging lifelong learning.
QS RANKING 2022
Times Higher Education Ranking 2022
After successfully completing this subject, students will be able to:
- Evaluate and critically reflect on a range of complex creative techniques, methodologies, and theoretical approaches to undertaking and completing a substantial research-based project
- Demonstrate a high level of creative and practical skill, including peer-based analysis, in the staged and autonomous production of their chosen form of artefact, from outline to practice-led research, to structural development, to finished prose
- Generate a substantial research-based creative project, and produce and evaluate reflexive theorisations about their practice and project and the practice and projects of others.
- Producing the original work: creativity, inspiration, perspiration
- The student as a multi-generic writer
- Popular fictional and non-fictional forms
- Poetics and performance
- Hybrid genre such as fictocriticism and narrative nonfiction
- Genres of Writing
- Short stories
- Narrative non-fiction
- Song writing
- Food writing
- Crime writing
- Popular writing
- Business writing
You should not enrol in this subject if you have successfully completed any of the following subject(s) because they are considered academically equivalent:
- SWI-LPW705B (Not currently available)
- SWI-LPW701B (Not currently available)
You must have successfully completed the following subject(s) before starting this subject:one of
- SWI-PWR80005-Writing and Praxis: Publication Folio A
- SWI-LPW705A (Not currently available)
Do not enrol into this subject if you have completed LPW701B. You should have completed the Graduate Diploma of Writing or Graduate Diploma of Arts (Writing) and Graduate Certificate of Writing or Graduate Certificate of Arts (Writing) before enrolling in this subject.
No additional requirements
This subject allows students to develop advanced writing techniques and creative artefact planning skills through the production of a major piece of work for publication. It will also extend students’ knowledge about a range of writing genres and insights into the writing process. It exposes students to the many different approaches to the practice of writing by critically appraising a range of writing practitioners and published works. It will also further develop and apply critical, theoretical and reflective understandings through the frame of practice-led research to assist in the development of a student’s own folio of original work.
Please note: assessment values are indicative only, details will be advised at the start of the subject.
- Online Discussion (60-70%)
- Assignments (30-40%)
Current study term: 28 Aug 22 to 27 Nov 22
Check the learning management system (LMS) of your university for textbook details.