Integrated Marketing Communication
Build up brands using the elements of marketing communication.
Get an overview on publicity, sales promotion, public relations and direct marketing. Learn the ins and outs of advertising strategy and planning. Address budgeting and sponsorship.
Your upfront cost: $0
- 28 Nov 2022
QS RANKING 2022
Times Higher Education Ranking 2022
Students who successfully complete this subject will be able to:
Describe the nature, principles and tools of integrated marketing communication and promotions management.
Develop analytical and creative skills necessary to prepare a marketing communications plan in a comprehensive and integrated manner in various business contexts.
Evaluate the aspects of integrated marketing communications including planning, designing, and executing marketing communication campaigns.
Work and communicate effectively as an individual or as part of a team across a range of activities and contexts.
Apply ethical principles and social considerations in making decisions relating to integrated marketing communication.
- Introduction to integrated marketing communications and communications strategy
- Forms of communication and the communication process
- Who to communicate to and what to communicate: segmentation and objectives
- Industry roles in IMC (Integrated marketing communication)
- Advertising strategy and planning
- Creative advertising and effective integration
- Where to communicate: Media - Interactive and digital media
- Media strategy, planning and buying
- Other forms of IMC: Sales promotion, direct marketing, PR and publicity, sponsorship
- Global campaigns and ethics
- IMC campaign evaluation and budgets
You must have successfully completed the following subject(s) before starting this subject:one of
- GRF-MKT103-Introduction to Marketing
- SWI-MKT10007-Fundamentals of Marketing (No longer available)
- MON-MAR11 (Not currently available)
- SWI-MAR110 (Not currently available)
In addition to MKT10007 students may also have completed AVA10004 if applicable.
No additional requirements
This subject aims to introduce the nature and principles of integrated marketing communications to promote brand success. The subject introduces systematic approaches to setting marketing communications goals, identifying relevant target audiences, designing and testing creative communication campaigns, and evaluating campaign results. Students will develop a deep understanding of marketing communication tools such as advertising, sales promotion, public relations, publicity and direct marketing in a digital and contemporary environment. Students will be able to develop an effective integrated marketing communication plan from an advanced viewpoint based on theory, contemporary practices, and research.
- IMC plan - Group (20-30%)
- IMC campaign evaluation and presentation - Individual (30-40%)
- Reflective Folio - Individual (30-50%)
Current study term: 27 Nov 22 to 26 Feb 23
Check the learning management system (LMS) of your university for textbook details.