Industry Consulting Project
Flex your skills by consulting on a project for an industry partner.
Team up with fellow students and get guidance from a project coach. Test principles you've encountered during your studies, and present your findings at the end of the semester.
Your upfront cost: $0
- 29 Nov 2021
Swinburne University of Technology leads the way with innovative and new ways of teaching, learning and thinking. It offers a wide range of study options, from pre-apprenticeships, undergraduate, postgraduate and PhDs, including online degrees with Open Universities Australia. Swinburne is known for career-oriented education and encouraging lifelong learning.
QS RANKING 2021
Times Higher Education Ranking 2021
After successfully completing this subject, you will be able to:
- Apply business principles, overviews, discipline issues and knowledge to a real-world context and develop the intellectual independence to be reflective learners
- Undertake and evaluate research from a variety of sources in order to make judgements to solve a range of problems that arise in business contexts
- Communicate a range of business arguments appropriate to the audience, through a variety of communication media
- Work collaboratively in diverse groups and generate creative solutions that are fit for purpose and be cognisant of the impact of business decisions.
- Applying discipline knowledge to a real-world context
- Principles, overviews and discipline issues that relate to the project context
- Interpreting and responding to project briefs
- Team dynamics, management tools and processes
- Communications issues and stakeholder expectations
- Research methods
- Critical and reflective practices
- Documenting project developments and recommendations
You must have successfully completed the following subject(s) before starting this subject:
No special requirements
The subject provides an opportunity for students to apply skills and engage in a consulting project for an industry partner. Multidisciplinary teams will work on a live problem solving project from profit or not-for-profit enterprises. Teams will work under the guidance of a coach with project specific inputs from the industry client briefs. In the final week, teams will deliver their findings and recommendations to industry partner through an oral presentation and a written report. The subject aims at facilitating a successful transition from academic learning environment to work environment.
- Assignment 1 — Individual (15-25%)
- Assign and Presentations — Group (40-60%)
- Peer Evaluation — Individual (10-15%)
- Reflective Task — Individual (15-25%)
Current study term: 28 Nov 21 to 27 Feb 22
Check the learning management system (LMS) of your university for textbook details.