- Review of multiple regression: understanding partial and part correlation coefficients, selecting and using different regression strategies
- Tests for mediation and moderation using multiple linear regression
- Exploratory factor analysis
- Multivariate Analysis of Variance (MANOVA): Between subjects, within subjects and mixed-design MANOVA
- Discriminant analysis
- Binary Logistic Regression
- Canonical Correlation Analysis
- Disscusion forum/Discussion Board
- Online Quizzes/Tests
- Online assignment submission
- Web links
- Welcome letter
- Printable format materials
You cannot enrol in this unit if you have successfully completed any of the following subject(s) because they are considered academically equivalent:
You must have successfully completed the following subject(s) before starting this subject:
SWI-STA60005-Statistical Practice 2 , or SWI-HMS771
- OtherDetails -
You will require access to a recent version of SPSS - at least the SPSS Grad Pak.
This subject teaches students to identify and apply the multivariate statistical techniques most commonly used in social and health research, to understand the assumptions underlying their use, and appreciate the strengths and limitations of these methods. Knowledge of these methods is particularly helpful for gaining employment in statistical consulting.
Please note: assessment values are indicative only, details will be advised at the start of the subject.
- Assignment 1 - Quizzes — Online (10%)
- Assignment 2 - Invigilated Exam (50%)
- Assignment 3 - Assignments — 2 (40%)