Explore multivariate statistics in practice. Learn how to create a statement of objectives and prepare using data screening. Once collected, use multivariate statistical techniques to analyse your data. Interpret results and craft a report.
Enrolments for this year have closed. Keep exploring subjects.
Subjects may require attendance
Swinburne University of Technology leads the way with innovative and new ways of teaching, learning and thinking. It offers a wide range of study options, from pre-apprenticeships, undergraduate, postgraduate and PhDs, including online degrees with Open Universities Australia. Swinburne is known for career-oriented education and encouraging lifelong learning.
QS RANKING 2020
Times Higher Education Ranking 2020
After successfully completing this subject, students will be able to:
- Make a clear statement of the objectives of a study
- Prepare data for analysis using appropriate data screening techniques
- Analyse the data using appropriate multivariate statistical techniques
- Interpret the results and write a concise, informative report.
- Review of bivariate regression, data screening and data transformation
- Multiple regression
- Factor analysis
- Other multivariate technique (MANOVA or ANCOVA or Log-linear Modelling) [MANOVA for psychology major]
- Welcome letter
- Printable format materials
- Online Assessment
You cannot enrol in this subject if you have successfully completed any of the following subject(s) because they are considered academically equivalent:
You must have successfully completed the following subject(s) before starting this subject:
- OtherDetails -
Access to the SPSS/PASW software
This subject introduces you to a range of multivariate statistical techniques, multiple Regression, factor analysis and MANOVA, with a user friendly, non-mathematical approach. The focus is on interpretation of the statistics.
- Assignemts (20%)
- Test (15%)
- Invigilated Exam (65%)