Explore multivariate statistics in practice. Learn how to create a statement of objectives and prepare using data screening. Once collected, use multivariate statistical techniques to analyse your data. Interpret results and craft a report.
Swinburne University of Technology leads the way with innovative and new ways of teaching, learning and thinking. It offers a wide range of study options, from pre-apprenticeships, undergraduate, postgraduate and PhDs, including online degrees with Open Universities Australia. Swinburne is known for career-oriented education and encouraging lifelong learning.
After successfully completing this subject, students will be able to:
- Make a clear statement of the objectives of a study
- Prepare data for analysis using appropriate data screening techniques
- Analyse the data using appropriate multivariate statistical techniques
- Interpret the results and write a concise, informative report.
- Review of bivariate regression, data screening and data transformation
- Multiple regression
- Factor analysis
- Other multivariate technique (MANOVA or ANCOVA or Log-linear Modelling) [MANOVA for psychology major]
- Welcome letter
- Printable format materials
- Online Assessment
You cannot enrol in this subject if you have successfully completed any of the following subject(s) because they are considered academically equivalent:
You must have successfully completed the following subject(s) before starting this subject:
- OtherDetails -
Access to the SPSS/PASW software
This subject introduces you to a range of multivariate statistical techniques, multiple Regression, factor analysis and MANOVA, with a user friendly, non-mathematical approach. The focus is on interpretation of the statistics.
- Assignemts (20%)
- Test (15%)
- Invigilated Exam (65%)