- The marketing research process
- Decision problem, research question and research objectives
- Different types of research design or approaches
- Qualitative and quantitative research techniques
- Descriptive research design using surveys
- Sampling: theory, methods and issues in marketing research
- Data preparation and analysis
- Preparing the marketing research report
- Ethics involved in marketing research
You must have successfully completed the following subject(s) before starting this subject:
Students must have completed 100 Credit Points (8 subjects) and MKT10007 Fundamentals of Marketing.
- SoftwareDetails - The following software is required for this unit: IBM SPSS Statistics 25 Base Grad Pack only. This software can be purchased from either of the following retailers: • https://onthehub.com/download/software-discounts/spss-statistics • https://www.hearne.software/Software/SPSS-Grad-Packs-for-Students-by-IBM/Editions#version_Statistics
This subject aims to assist students to be able to understand the marketing research process with an emphasis on the practical implementation of survey research techniques in a real life situation. In addition, students will develop the ability to identify research opportunities, as well as to understand how marketing research findings can be practically implemented in the business environment.
- Assignment 1 - Assignment 1 — Individual (20-30%)
- Assignment 2 - Assignment 2 — Individual (30-40%)
- Assignment 3 - Assignment 3 — Group (30-50%)