- Students will undertake substantial practical amateur observing projects using astrophotography and/or CCD imaging techniques.
- A variety of suggested project topics will be made available, or students may suggest their own, subject to negotiation with the subject convenor.
- Each student will work closely with a supervisor assigned to their project, communicating and exchanging drafts via e-mail, and, where appropriate, students will collaborate with each other via newsgroup discussions.
- Discussion forum/Discussion Board
- Embedded Multimedia
- Online assignment submission
- Standard Media
- Web links
You cannot enrol in this subject if you have successfully completed any of the following subject(s) because they are considered academically equivalent:
You must have successfully completed the following subject(s) before starting this subject:
SWI-AST80002-Astrophotography & CCD Imaging , or SWI-HET609
No special requirements
This subject aims to develop the student's knowledge and understanding of the principles involved in a particular aspect or application of astrophotography and/or CCD imaging. Students will gain practical experience, develop an ability to keep a comprehensive record of experimental investigations, write a detailed report and communicate effectively about the outcomes of their work.
- Scientific Justification Report (20%)
- Project (60%)
- Poster (20%)
Textbook information is pending.