You are currently viewing the 2018 version of this course. Change to 2019
- Students will undertake a substantial amateur observing project using astrophotography and/or CCD imaging techniques
- Each student will work closely with a supervisor assigned to their project, communicating and exchanging drafts via email.
- Discussion forum/Discussion Board
- Embedded Multimedia
- Online assignment submission
- Standard Media
- Web links
You cannot enrol in this subject if you have successfully completed any of the following subject(s) because they are considered academically equivalent:
You are recommended to have completed the following subjects(s) or have equivalent knowledge before starting this subject:
- SWI-AST80002-Astrophotography & CCD Imaging
No special requirements
This subject aims to develop:
- knowledge and understanding of the principles involved in a particular aspect or application of astrophotography and/or CCD imaging;
- practical experience in the techniques involved in astrophotography and/or CCD
- imaging; and
- ability to keep a comprehensive record of experimental investigations, to write a detailed summary report of techniques used and investigations undertaken, and to communicate effectively about the outcomes of their work.
- Report (60%)
- Proposal (20%)
- Assignment (20%)
Textbook information is pending.