- Students will undertake a substantial project using astronomy and/or astrophysics techniques.
- Students must propose their own project topic, and supply the project title, the project aims and objectives, proposed method of research, and (if possible) expected outcomes, plus references if appropriate.
- If your project depends on specific resources, you must demonstrate that these resources are available to you.
- The proposed project is subject to approval by the SAO Coordinator
- Students must commence negotiations with the SAO Coordinator at least six weeks before Week 0 of the study period.
- Discussion forum/Discussion Board
- Embedded Multimedia
- Online assignment submission
- Standard Media
- Web links
You cannot enrol in this subject if you have successfully completed any of the following subject(s) because they are considered academically equivalent:
You must have successfully completed the following subject(s) before starting this subject:
SWI-AST80006-Galaxies and their Place in the Universe , or SWI-HET624
SWI-AST80004-Exploring Stars and the Milky Way , or SWI-HET603
SWI-AST80005-Exploring the Solar System , or SWI-HET602
No special requirements
This subject aims to develop the student's knowledge and understanding of the principles involved in a particular aspect or application of astronomy and/or astrophysics. They will gain practical experience, keep a comprehensive record of experimental investigations, write a detailed summary report, and communicate effectively about the outcomes of their work.
- Scientific Justification Report (20%)
- Project (60%)
- Poster (20%)
Textbook information is pending.