- Theoretical foundations and concepts of Risk, Risk Management, Risk Assessment, & Risk Mitigation
- IS/IT/Information Security governance, management, strategy, standards, and best practices
- Strategic Risk Management approach
- Contingency planning including business continuity and disaster recovery planning
- Incident management, computer security incident management
- Laws, regulations, compliance and ethics in the context of IS/IT/Information security
- Human factors and organisational factors impact to risk management
You must have successfully completed the following subject(s) before starting this subject:
Students also need to complete an additional 3 units (37.5 credit points).
No special requirements
This subject aims to provide insights into critical IS/IT & Information Security risk, as well as the corresponding security management issues facing business managers in the effective use of Information Technology in contemporary organisations. In addition, the subject intends to foster a robust understanding of, and develop the skills required to adopt and implement, an effective Risk Management strategy in line with the Industry best practice in IS/IT Risk Management.
- Assignment 1 - Assignment 1 - Individual (30-40%)
- Assignment 2 - Project - Group (30-50%)
- Assignment 3 - Assignment 2 - Individual (20-30%)