- Organisations in the digital economy
- Information Systems: their evolution to current role and purpose in business & society
- Data and information management in the digital economy; Ethical, legal and security issues
- Business processes: evolution and support of IS
- E-Commerce Networks and commercial internet applications
- IS to support business transactions & processes; supply and chain management, customer relationship management; enterprise systems
- IS to support managerial decision making, business intelligence, business analytics, and knowledge management
You cannot enrol in this subject if you have successfully completed any of the following subject(s) because they are considered academically equivalent:
- OtherDetails -
This unit has a required eTextbook: Introduction to Business Information Systems by C. Moore - ISBN 9781488618833. More information will be provided in the unit outline available at the start of the Study Period.
Please note: INF10003 has a required eTextbook, more information can be found under Special Requirements in the 'Are you eligible to study' section.
This subject aims to instill an appreciation of how technology can be used to assist business, without the technology becoming an end in itself. In particular, the subject aims to generate an awareness of the importance of information to decision-making and how to provide such information to ensure its usefulness to the decision makers. Students gain a strong foundation of business systems fundamentals and the influence of the Internet on business stakeholders; customers, suppliers, manufacturers, service makers, regulators, managers and employees.
Please note: assessment values are indicative only, details will be advised at the start of the subject.
- Individual (30-40%)
- Individual (10-20%)
- Group (30-50%)
- Individual (10-20%)
Textbook information is pending.
Bachelor of Commerce Business Law
- Major Subjects
Bachelor of Business
- Major in Economics (THIS MAJOR IS CURRENTLY IN TEACH-OUT)
- Major in Finance (THIS MAJOR IS CURRENTLY IN TEACH-OUT)
- Major in Information Systems
- Major in Marketing
- Co-Major in Economics (for Finance students) (THIS CO-MAJOR IS CURRENTLY IN TEACH-OUT)
- Co-Major in Economics (not for Finance students) (THIS CO-MAJOR IS CURRENTLY IN TEACH-OUT)
- Co-Major in Finance (cannot be taken with the Finance or Economics Major) (THIS CO-MAJOR IS CURRENTLY IN TEACH-OUT)
- Co-Major in Finance (for Economics students) (THIS CO-MAJOR IS CURRENTLY IN TEACH-OUT)
- Co-Major in Information Systems
- Co-Major in Marketing (cannot be taken with the Marketing Major)
Bachelor of Business Information Systems
- Core Subjects Information Systems
- Major in Business Analysis
- Major in Data Analytics
- Co-Major in Economics (THIS CO-MAJOR IS CURRENTLY IN TEACH-OUT)
- Co-Major in Marketing
Bachelor of Commerce Accounting
- Level 2 Major Subjects
- Level 3 Major Subjects