Global Tourism Futures
There are no available classes. Find another subject.
Swinburne University of Technology leads the way with innovative and new ways of teaching, learning and thinking. It offers a wide range of study options, from pre-apprenticeships, undergraduate, postgraduate and PhDs, including online degrees with Open Universities Australia. Swinburne is known for career-oriented education and encouraging lifelong learning.
After successfully completing this subject, you will be able to:
- Identify key trends and futures in the tourism industry
- Demonstrate research, deduction and problem solving skills
- Appreciate and explain future opportunities afforded by advances in technology, particularly as they relate to global and continental transportation
- Work collaboratively in diverse groups
- Explain the political, social and economic factors that influence the emerging global tourism markets.
- The future of transportation - innovation and the impacts of energy depletion
- Market shifts in global tourism - the emergence of China & India
- Demographic forces and travel flows
- Diversification of the tourism market - a new generation of tourism consumers
- Tourism and climate change. `The Chicken or the Egg'
- Tourism as a global citizen - social responsibility, poverty alleviation, and the triple bottom line
- Global politics, human rights and mobility - the changing political landscape
- Space tourism - from dream to reality
- Present and future technology - changing the face of the visitor experience
You must have successfully completed the following subject(s) before starting this subject:
SWI-TOU10001, or SWI-TOU110
Students must have completed 10 subjects in addition to TOU10001.
No special requirements
- Individual (25-35%) (0%)
- Data Search & Intepr. (15-25%) (0%)
- (50-60%) (0%)