Advanced Statistical Modelling
Further your knowledge in advanced statistical modelling. Immerse yourself in ordinal and multinominal logistic regression, generalised linear models, mixed models, and more. Use survival analysis models and question data.
Swinburne University of Technology leads the way with innovative and new ways of teaching, learning and thinking. It offers a wide range of study options, from pre-apprenticeships, undergraduate, postgraduate and PhDs, including online degrees with Open Universities Australia. Swinburne is known for career-oriented education and encouraging lifelong learning.
Students who successfully complete this subject will be able to:
- Appraise how the type of data and the nature of the research questions affect the appropriate analysis methodology.
- Contrast a range of advanced regression techniques, testing assumptions appropriately.
- Assess logistic regression analyses for binary, ordinal and nominal response variables.
- Contrast GEEs, Mixed and Multi-level Modelling analyses for nested and repeated measures data for nominal and metric response variables.
- Formulate and report on appropriate Survival Analysis models using Cox Regression and Time Dependent Covariates.
- Identify the most appropriate method of regression analysis in any particular research context.
- Multiple regression.
- General linear model
- Generalised linear model
- Logistic regression for binary, nominal and ordinal data
- Generalised Estimating Equations and Mixed models
- Multi-level modelling
- Survival analysis
- Discussion forum/Discussion Board
- Online Quizzes/Tests
- Online assignment submission
- Podcasting/Lecture capture
- Standard Media
- Web links
- Welcome letter
- Printable format materials
You cannot enrol in this subject if you have successfully completed any of the following subject(s) because they are considered academically equivalent:
You must have successfully completed the following subject(s) before starting this subject:
- OtherDetails -
Students require access to a recent version of SPSS-Grad Pak at the least.
Students will learn advanced modelling techniques, including ordinal and multinomial logistic regression, generalised linear models, GEEs, mixed models, multi-level models and survival analysis.
Please note: assessment values are indicative only, details will be advised at the start of the subject
- Quizzes - Online (10%)
- Assignments - 2 (40%)
- Invigilated Examination (50%)