- Academic enquiry
- Creating knowledge and investigating problems
- Using library resources and finding sources online
- Using, testing and applying theory
- Making an argument
- Communicating your academic argument and drawing on sources
- Language skills
- Knowledge and technology
- Knowledge and culture
- The social construction of knowledge
- Using feedback
- The uses of knowledge / knowledge and ethics
- Discussion forum/Discussion Board
- Embedded Multimedia
- Online Quizzes/Tests
- Online assignment submission
- Podcasting/Lecture capture
- Web links
- Welcome letter
- Printable format materials
You cannot enrol in this subject if you have successfully completed any of the following subject(s) because they are considered academically equivalent:
Do not enrol into this subject if you have previously completed SSK130/SSK13.
No special requirements
This subject aims to develop students’ understanding of, and skills for, learning at university and learning online. Using substantive knowledge areas as case studies, students will better understand academic practices and knowledge production, in order to develop good academic practice. They will use these skills to augment their studies in all discipline areas and be able to apply them to the workplace.
Please note: assessment values are indicative only, details will be advised at the start of the subject.
This subject is part of the Social Science Pathway.
OUA Pathways recommends the best subjects to start your studies, even if you're not sure which degree you want to do. Each pathway includes four subjects based on your area of interest.
Once you complete your recommended path you'll be able to choose from a range of degrees in your area of interest. Plus, each of the subjects you complete through OUA Pathways can also be credited towards your chosen degree.
Learn more about OUA Pathways.
- Essay 1 (30%)
- Essay 2 — Final Knowledge Essay (40%)
- Portfolio of Worksheets (30%)
Textbook information is pending.
Textbooks are not required.
Bachelor of Psychological Sciences
- Major in Psychology
- Co-Major in Sociology
Bachelor of Behavioural Studies
- Major in Psychological Studies
- Co-major in Sociology