Warehousing and Distribution Channels
Examine the roles distribution and warehousing play in a supply chain.
Register the facets that go into warehouse management, from small material handling to administration. Highlight technology's role in maintaining distribution channels.
Your upfront cost: $0
Subjects may require attendance
- 25 Aug 2019
- Apply key concepts in warehousing and distribution channels management to generate appropriate approaches in the formulation of warehouse management strategy and distribution channel management strategy
- Design warehouse operations and distribution channel networks for both domestic and international contexts.
- Develop and compare various warehousing and distribution channels configurations and scenarios in the optimisation of supply chain networks.
- Demonstrate appropriate leadership, and leverage group resources to critically analyse real-world challenges in the operations of warehouses and distribution channels and develop solutions to those challenges.
- Overview of Warehouse and Distribution Channels
- Distribution and the Supply Chain
- Distribution Planning
- Distribution Channels Management
- Introduction to Warehouse Management
- Warehouse Operations - Pallet and Case Storage and Picking
- Warehouse Operations - Small Storage and Picking, Materials Handling Systems
- Customer Order Processing
- Inventory Management
- Warehouse Administration
- Information Technology in Warehouse Management and Distribution
- E-Distribution; and Future Warehousing and Distribution Channels Management
- Resources and Links
- Printable format materials
You are recommended to have completed the following subjects(s) or have equivalent knowledge before starting this subject:
No special requirements
In this subject you will explore the role of warehousing in a supply chain. The subject covers how a warehouse provides data on inventory levels throughout the supply chain as well as its role in the preparation and distribution of goods. The subject will focus on how a well-run warehouse can help an organisation to maintain product schedules and avoid supply issues. The subject also covers how distribution channels facilitate the timely delivery of raw materials/inventory to customers.
- Assignment 1 (50%)
- Invigilated Exam (50%)
Textbook information is pending.