Warehousing and Distribution Channels
Examine the roles distribution and warehousing play in a supply chain.
Register the facets that go into warehouse management, from small material handling to administration. Highlight technology's role in maintaining distribution channels.
Your upfront cost: $0
Subjects may require attendance
- 26 Aug 2019
- Apply key concepts in warehousing and distribution channels management to generate appropriate approaches in the formulation of warehouse management strategy and distribution channel management strategy
- Design warehouse operations and distribution channel networks for both domestic and international contexts.
- Develop and compare various warehousing and distribution channels configurations and scenarios in the optimisation of supply chain networks.
- Demonstrate appropriate leadership, and leverage group resources to critically analyse real-world challenges in the operations of warehouses and distribution channels and develop solutions to those challenges.
- Please refer to RMIT University’s Learning Management System - Canvas, for further details.
- Resources and Links
- Printable format materials
You are recommended to have completed the following subjects(s) or have equivalent knowledge before starting this subject:
No special requirements
In this subject you will explore the role of warehousing in a supply chain. The subject covers how a warehouse provides data on inventory levels throughout the supply chain as well as its role in the preparation and distribution of goods. The subject will focus on how a well-run warehouse can help an organisation to maintain product schedules and avoid supply issues. The subject also covers how distribution channels facilitate the timely delivery of raw materials/inventory to customers.
- 1 (50%)
- Invigilated Exam (50%)
Click on the titles of the listed books below to find out more:
Technology Distribution Channels: Understanding and Managing Channels to Market