You are currently viewing the 2018 version of this course. Change to 2019
- The Role of Freight Transportation in Logistics and Supply Chain Management
- Transportation Regulation and Public Policy
- Overview of Transport Providers - Land, Air, Maritime, Rail & Pipeline
- Intermodal Freight Transportation
- International Freight Logistics
- Costing and Pricing in Freight Transportation
- Carrier Strategies
- Shipper Strategies
- Private Freight Transportation
- Future Challenges in Freight Transportation
- Resources and Links
- Printable format materials
You are recommended to have completed the following subjects(s) or have equivalent knowledge before starting this unit:
No special requirements
Please note: this unit is currently not taking further enrolments in Study Period 4, 2018.
This subject was previously known as Transport Management.
Transportation plays a critical role in any supply chain as it moves products and services to where and when they are required. Significant global changes (globalisation, post 9/11, Iraq war etc) have made major impacts on the logistics environment thus making proper management of this function a necessity. This unit will look into the important issues in domestic and global transportation which include transport planning and operations, transport infrastructure and regulations, selection of carriers and third party suppliers, transport costing, transport strategies, and information technology in transportation.
- Case Study Analysis (30%)
- Research Essay (20%)
- Invigilated Exam (50%)