- The Role of Freight Transportation in Logistics and Supply Chain Management
- Transportation Regulation and Public Policy
- Overview of Transport Providers - Land, Air, Maritime, Rail & Pipeline
- Intermodal Freight Transportation
- International Freight Logistics
- Costing and Pricing in Freight Transportation
- Carrier Strategies
- Shipper Strategies
- Private Freight Transportation
- Future Challenges in Freight Transportation
- Resources and Links
- Printable format materials
You are recommended to have completed the following subjects(s) or have equivalent knowledge before starting this subject:
No special requirements
This subject was previously known as Transport Management.
Freight transportation plays a critical role in any supply chain as it fulfils time and place utility of goods i.e. delivers products and services to where and when they are required. Significant global changes (globalisation, civil and social unrests, climatic changes etc) have made major impacts on the logistics environment thus making proper management of this function a necessity.
This subject will look into the important issues in domestic and global transportation which include freight transportation planning and operations, transportation infrastructure and regulations, selection of freight transportation carriers and third party suppliers, freight transportation costing, freight transportation strategies, and information technology in freight transportation.
- Research Essay (20%)
- Business Report (30%)
- Invigilated Exam (50%)
Click on the titles of the listed books below to find out more:
Textbook information is pending.