TLIU0001 Develop Workplace Policy and Procedures for Environmental Sustainability
Consider energy efficiency, waste management, recycling and other environment and sustainability issues in your workplace. Learn how to develop, communicate, implement then review relevant policy and procedures.
Enrolments for this year have closed. Keep exploring subjects.
QS RANKING 2020
Times Higher Education Ranking 2020
At the completion of this subject you will be able to:
- develop workplace sustainability policy
- communicate the policy
- implement the policy
- review policy implementation.
- Scope of sustainability policy is defined
- Stakeholders are identified and consulted as a key component of the policy development process
- Strategies for minimising resource use, reducing toxic material and hazardous chemical use, life cycle management and sustainability policy
- Recommendations are made for policy options based on likely effectiveness, timeframes and cost
- Policy developed reflects the organisation¿s commitment to sustainability as an integral part of business planning and as a business opportunity
- Appropriate methods of implementation are agreed
- The policy, including its expected outcome, is promoted to key stakeholders
- Those involved in implementing the policy are informed of outcomes expected and activities to be undertaken, and responsibilities are assigned
- Procedures to help implement the policy are developed and communicated
- Strategies for continuous improvement in resource efficiency for the transport industry are implemented
- Provision for staff training to incorporate resource efficiency procedures is made
- Record systems for tracking continuous improvements in sustainability approaches are established and responsibilities are assigned
- Outcomes are documented and feedback is provided to key personnel and stakeholders
- Success or otherwise of policy is investigated
- Records are monitored to identify trends that may require remedial action, and are used to promote continuous improvement of performance
- Policy and or procedures are modified as required to ensure improvements are made
No eligibility requirements
- OtherDetails -
Students will require access to a computer with internet access. A webcam or laptop with a camera is recommended to fully participate in online sessions. All sessions are recorded in multiple formats for offline viewing or listening. Although not mandatory, students in this program will benefit from being able to undertake assessment tasks in the context of a relevant workplace (i.e their employer).
- Journal/Blog (Competency Only) (0%)
- Work Based Project/Report (100%)