TLIL5055 Manage a Supply Chain
Understand the relationship between organisations and partners along a supply chain. Implement and manage a demand-driven supply chain management strategy and evaluate its effectiveness. Use systems and technology for reporting and communication.
There are no available classes. Find another subject.
At the completion of this subject you will be able to:
- implement demand- driven supply chain management strategy
- manage supply chain
- evaluate and improve supply chain effectiveness.
- Responsibility for supply chain management within the organisation is assigned in accordance with supply chain management strategy
- Technology and software for implementation of the supply chain management system is accessed and operationalised accordingly
- Policies and procedures are designed to guide business relations and operations in accordance with the strategy
- Supporting business processes are designed or re-designed to support implementation of the strategy
- Support is provided to staff, customers and supply chain to assist in implementation of the supply chain management strategy
- Communication and information exchange with strategic partners and suppliers is managed in accordance with the supply chain management strategy
- Collaboration with supply chain organisations is facilitated to determine demand at each level of the supply chain
- Sales and payments are managed in accordance with supply chain and risk management strategies, and legal and ethical requirements
- Actions to build trust and foster a supply chain culture are implemented in accordance with the supply chain management strategy
- Opportunities are identified to adjust policies and procedures to respond to the changing needs of customers, supply chain and the organisation
- Demand chain management and supply chain management are monitored in accordance with the supply chain management strategy
- The effectiveness of the supply chain is reviewed with each level of the supply chain and areas identified for improvement
- Business data and reports are used to compare outcomes, budgets, timelines and forecasts to actual performance
- Technology performance is reviewed and recommendations are made for improvements to hardware, software in accordance with strategy and budget
- Feedback and evaluation results are used to plan and improve future supply chain management strategies
No eligibility requirements
- OtherDetails -
Students will require access to a computer with internet access. A webcam or laptop with a camera is recommended to fully participate in online sessions. All sessions are recorded in multiple formats for offline viewing or listening. Although not mandatory, students in this program will benefit from being able to undertake assessment tasks in the context of a relevant workplace (i.e their employer).
- Work Based Project/Report (100%)
- Journal/Blog (Competency Only) (0%)