TLIL5020 Develop and Maintain Operational Procedures for Transport and Logistics Enterprise
Create and manage the tasks and routines that keep logistics and transport consistent and compliant. Understand how to plan, develop and implement operational procedures—then monitor and evaluate their effectiveness.
Enrolments for this year have closed. Keep exploring subjects.
QS RANKING 2020
Times Higher Education Ranking 2020
At the completion of this subject you will be able to:
- plan and develop operational procedures
- monitor the implementation of the operational procedure(s) ensure understanding and the need for compliance
- evaluate the implementation of operational procedures.
- Processes requiring development/modification of operational procedures are identified and confirmed with relevant personnel and business units
- The scope, focus and extent of the operational procedure(s) are discussed and validated with effected personal
- Current procedures are evaluated to ensure development is not unnecessarily duplicating previous work
- Factors likely to impact upon the development process are identified and techniques adopted for their incorporation into the procedure(s)
- The proposed operational procedures are researched from a range of sources and include provision for user input
- Operational procedures are developed, documented and verified with relevant personnel and/or organisations in accordance with workplace procedures
- Where required, trialing of new operational procedures is undertaken with a target group
- Performance indicators are developed to measure the effectiveness of the operational procedure(s)
- Introduction of the operational procedure(s) to selected units/job functions is planned with affected personnel to ensure understanding for compliance
- Effective induction and supervision is provided to support personnel in implementing the new procedure(s)
- Performance of personnel is monitored to ensure adherence to the operational procedure(s) and to assess the requirement for modification
- Solicited feedback is actively sought from personnel implementing the operational procedure(s)
- An assessment of the effectiveness of the operational procedure(s) is undertaken against developed performance indicators
- Where required, the operational procedure(s) are modified/deleted in accordance with evaluation mechanism and enterprise requirements
- Relevant personnel are kept informed of the evaluation process and advised of subsequent changes to operational procedure(s)
- Records, reports and recommendations for improvement are managed within the workplace information systems and processes
No eligibility requirements
- OtherDetails -
Students will require access to a computer with internet access. A webcam or laptop with camera is recommended to fully participate in online sessions. All sessions are recorded in multiple formats for offline viewing or listening. Although not mandatory, students in this program will benefit from being able to undertake assessment tasks in the context of a relevant workplace (i.e. their employer).
- Work Based Project/Report (100%)
- Journal/Blog (Competency Only) (0%)