Supply Chain Management Strategy
Take a bird's eye view of supply chain management and see the process from start to finish.
Examine the theory that goes into designing a distribution network. Learn to measure supply and demand. Formulate ideas that improve supply chain efficiency.
Your upfront cost: $0
Subjects may require attendance
- 26 Aug 2019
- 01 Jun 2020
Upon completion of this subject you will be able to:
- Select appropriate principles and approaches to formulate effective supply chain strategies.
- Generate and check different configurations and scenarios in the optimisation of supply chain network.
- Differentiate and execute appropriate techniques and methods in the integration of logistics and supply chain operations.
- Deploy leadership and organising skills in leveraging resources, capabilities, and competencies of a group to analyse situations and develop solutions to problems.
- Apply effective interpersonal skills and communication techniques in working as a team to solve real-world problems in supply chain management.
- Please refer to RMIT University’s Learning Management System - Canvas, for further details.
- Printable format materials
You are recommended to have completed the following subjects(s) or have equivalent knowledge before starting this subject:
- RMI-LGM200-Transport and Freight Logistics
- RMI-LGM220-Warehouse and Distribution Channels
- RMI-LGM330-Procurement Management and Global Sourcing
- RMI-LGM100-Introduction to Logistics and Supply Chain Management
No special requirements
This subject considers supply chain management as a holistic logistics management process across the full spectrum of business activities, from the sourcing of raw materials from suppliers to the delivery of goods and services to the final customers and consumers. The subject provides a synthesis of the many critical facets of supply chain management and formulate appropriate strategies to enhance overall efficiency and responsiveness through optimisation.
This subject includes a Work Integrated Learning experience. You will undertake and be assessed on structured activities that allow you to learn, apply and demonstrate your professional or vocational practice; and be involved in authentic engagement with partner organisations that include industry feedback.
This subject also provides you with a capstone experience, which will provide you with the opportunity to integrate, critically reflect on and consolidate what you have learnt in your program.
- Assessment 1 (25%)
- Assessment 2 (25%)
- Invigilated Exam (50%)
Click on the titles of the listed books below to find out more:
Textbook information is pending.