Follow the link between financial management and overall organisational value.Run the numbers on asset valuations. Study risk and return. Gain a grounding in the concepts that managers rely on when recommending investment or acquiring capital.
Enrolments for this year have closed. Keep exploring subjects.
Subjects may require attendance
QS RANKING 2020
Times Higher Education Ranking 2020
On successful completion of this subject you will be able to:
- synthesise and apply contemporary financial knowledge in order to develop investment and financing options that create value for stakeholders
- apply analytical techniques for making financial investment decisions
- communicate, interpret and disseminate financial information and calculated results and their implication with others
- apply and integrate professional theory and practice in authentic Work Integrated Learning (WIL) context, professional contexts, and industry settings.
- Introduction to Corporate Finance
- Time value of money and discounted cash flow valuation
- Valuation of Financial Instruments, Bonds and Equity
- Project evaluation
- Capital investment decisions
- Risk and Return
- Cost of Capital and Capital Budgeting
- Efficient Capital Markets and Long Term Financing
- Capital Structure
- Dividends and Other Payments
- Derivatives and Hedging Risk
- Course Revision
- Discussion forum/Discussion Board
- Web links
- Online assignment submission
- Podcasting/Lecture capture
- Online Quizzes/Tests
- Standard Media
- Printable format materials
This subject is designed as an introduction to financial management for those who will be involved in making decisions that will impact on firm value. The aim is to introduce future managers to core financial concepts including, time value of money, asset valuation, risk/return and diversification, efficient markets, and optimal capital structure. Knowledge of these finance concepts is fundamental for global managers when acquiring capital and making investment recommendations.
- Invigilated Exam (50%)
- Weekly Quizzes (25%)
- Weekly Discussion Forum (25%)