Leading Change in Media and Communication
Measure the extent to which media and communication trends are linked to political, economic and cultural change. Ask how social conditions affect consumer behaviour. Assess branding, storytelling and emotion. Discuss sponsorship and social media.
There are no available classes. Find another subject.
At the completion of this subject students will be able to:
- Examine significant global changes in media and communication technology affecting the practice of your profession
- Critically analyse the influences of global social change on user and consumer behaviour
- Identify and critically analyse leadership approaches to change and industry practice
- Propose innovative and collaborative opportunities to manage change, including its influences and impacts
- Reflect on the impact of change including personal, professional and ethical aspects.
- Seminar 1: Introduction, overview and major trends
- Seminar 2: Branding and Storytelling
- Seminar 3: The changing media and communications landscape
- Seminar 4: Digital, Social Media and Publishing
- Seminar 5: Privacy, Transparency and Credibility in messaging
- Seminar 6: Planning in a fragmented and evolving agency landscape
- Seminar 7: Emotion in Advertising
- Seminar 8: Globalisation: Culture and Context in Communications
- Seminar 9: Stakeholder and Internal Communications
- Seminar 10: Design Thinking
- Seminar 11: Accountability in Communications - Effectiveness, measurement and evaluation
- Seminar 12: Sponsorship and Episode management
- Seminar 13: Review
- Seminar 14: Review
- Resources and Links
- Printable format materials
- Audio-Video streaming
You must have successfully completed the following subject(s) before starting this subject:
This subject is for Master of Comm Design students only. If you want to take this subject as an elective you must meet pre-requisite requirements and contact RMIT firstname.lastname@example.org for approval.
No special requirements
- Seminar Topic Reviews (50%)
- Group: Discussion of Trend (20%)
- The Major Trend Today (30%)