Probe theoretical and practical aspects of investments, stock markets and securities analysis. Study investment frameworks and security valuation methods. Critique the performance of a real company. See where risk and return fit into portfolio theory.
Your upfront cost: $0
Subjects may require attendance
- 11 Nov 2019
On successful completion of this subject you will be able to:
- CLO1: Examine the general investment framework and investment alternatives available in the market
- CLO2: Apply ethical financial decision making based on knowledge of the principles of market participation
- CLO3: Apply security valuation techniques and assess economic factors to analyse the performance of an actual company
- CLO4: Research various popular investment vehicles and compare them to less familiar alternatives
- CLO5: Create a portfolio to meet a client’s need and assess the role of risk and return in the investment decision process.
- The Investment Environment
- Asset Classes and Financial Instruments
- How Securities Are Traded
- Mutual Funds and Other Investment Companies
- Macroeconomic and Industry Analysis
- Equity Valuation Models
- Risk, Return, and the Historical Record
- Capital Allocation to Risk Assets
- Optimal Risky Portfolios
- The Efficient Market Hypothesis
- Behavioral Finance and Technical Analysis
- Discussion forum/Discussion Board
- Online assignment submission
- Resources and Links
- Printable format materials
In order to enrol in this subject, you must be accepted into one of the following degrees:
No special requirements
This subject explores core aspects of investment theory and management in a rapidly changing financial environment. It provides you with analytical techniques and the theoretical and practical skills of investment analysis, stock markets and securities. You will evaluate and analyse issues related to investment management, assess, manage and create portfolios, examine and appraise securities and explore institutions and financial instruments.
- Research Project- Linked CLOs: 1, 3 (50%)
- Invigilated Exam - Linked CLOs: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 (50%)
Textbook information is pending.