Global Innovation Management
Enrolments for this year have closed. Keep exploring subjects.
Australia's largest dual-sector institute, offering both TAFE and higher education, RMIT University proudly delivers work-related education and practical research relevant to current business and community needs. More than 60,000 students study with RMIT, and many of their degrees are available through Open Universities Australia.
QS RANKING 2021
Times Higher Education Ranking 2021
Upon successful completion of this course you will be able to:
- CLO1: Critique theories of global innovation, technology and knowledge transfer;
- CLO2: Describe different ways that innovation and technology build and sustain competitive advantage(s) in the global economy;
- CLO3: Critique arguments for and against ideas on how global innovation may enable a firm to achieve positional advantage and superior performance;
- CLO4: Construct strategic plans that may enable a firm to benefit from the technological developments and scientific knowledge of its competitors;
- CLO5: Evaluate management practices that allow international firms to transfer knowledge and outsource technologies more effectively.
- Please refer to RMIT University's Learning Management System - Canvas, for further details.
In order to enrol in this subject, you must be accepted into one of the following degrees:
No additional requirements
This subject will focus on various concepts and theories of global technology and innovation including, Research & Development (R&D) knowledge transfer, open innovation, technology sourcing, globalisation of innovation, entrance strategies and appropriation. These will help you to understand, analyse and critically evaluate how innovation and technology, knowledge-transfer, and internationalisation strategies enable firms (from small born global entrepreneurial ventures to large multinational corporations) to enhance their competitiveness and performance in the global economy.
- Assessment Task 1 (Linked CLOs: 2, 3, 4) (20%)
- Assessment Task 2 (Linked CLOs: 1, 2, 3, 4) (30%)
- Assessment Task 3 (Linked CLOs: 1, 3, 4, 5) (50%)