European Management (Study tour France)
Investigate first-hand what it takes to manage a business in Europe.Immerse yourself in the cultural atmosphere that European business managers operate in. Analyse French leadership and management approaches. Measure the impact of the EU.
There are no available classes. Find another subject.
On successful completion of this subject you will be able to:
- show an understanding and appreciation of the cultural norms of the people of the selected European country
- apply cross cultural models as a means of analysing and understanding cultural differences
- show an understanding of selected management and leadership practices and of the European Union as a social an economic entity
- critically analyse the relationship between Australia, the country and the European Union.
- A week-by-week guide to the topics you will explore in this unit will be provided in your study materials.
- Resources and Links
You should have an understanding of management theory and recognise the importance of cross-cultural understanding.
- TravelDetails - Students must organise and pay for their own travel arrangements to ensure they are in France on the specified starting date. Students are responsible for all costs associated with travel, accommodation and meals.
Please note: This subject is no longer accepting any enrolments.
Students who wish to apply should e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org to receive a study tour application form. Students must be accepted by RMIT before enrolling into the subject.
This subject seeks to impart and develop a range of perspectives and skills for you to understand the complexities of managing a business in Europe. The subject will address cultural norms and etiquette of a selected European country. A particular focus will be the management and leadership approaches used within that country, and how this differs from approaches used in Australian organisations. The subject will also examine the European Union and how business practice is facilitated across the diverse member states.
*** NOTE: Students must organise and pay for their own travel arrangements to ensure they are in France on the specified starting date. Students are responsible for all costs associated with travel, accommodation and meals. ***
- Pre-Departure Report (25%)
- Presentation & Report (30%)
- Reflective Journal (45%)