- A week-by-week guide to the topics you will explore in this unit will be provided in your study materials.
- Resources and Links
You should have an understanding of management theory and recognise the importance of cross-cultural understanding.
- TravelDetails - Students must organise and pay for their own travel arrangements to ensure they are in France on the specified starting date. Students are responsible for all costs associated with travel, accommodation and meals.
Please note: This subject is no longer accepting any enrolments.
Students who wish to apply should e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org to receive a study tour application form. Students must be accepted by RMIT before enrolling into the subject.
This subject seeks to impart and develop a range of perspectives and skills for you to understand the complexities of managing a business in Europe. The subject will address cultural norms and etiquette of a selected European country. A particular focus will be the management and leadership approaches used within that country, and how this differs from approaches used in Australian organisations. The subject will also examine the European Union and how business practice is facilitated across the diverse member states.
*** NOTE: Students must organise and pay for their own travel arrangements to ensure they are in France on the specified starting date. Students are responsible for all costs associated with travel, accommodation and meals. ***
- Assignment 1 - Pre-Departure Report (25%)
- Assignment 2 - Presentation & Report (30%)
- Assignment 3 - Reflective Journal (45%)
Textbooks are subject to change within the academic year. Students are advised to purchase their books no earlier than one to two months before the start of a subject