Creating Business Strategy
Tackle the ethical challenges that designing business strategies can raise. Explore corporate issues from an international perspective.Combine your knowledge of business marketing, finance and human resource management and build strategic solutions.
Your upfront cost: $0
- 14 Jul 2019
- 10 Nov 2019
On the successful completion of this subject you will be able to:
- apply strategic management knowledge to create an effective strategy for a business in an industry setting
- use design thinking to develop and prioritise solutions to strategy problems and opportunities for a business
- critically engage with and resolve ethical challenges of strategy design
- interpret the international business environment to inform strategy design for sustainable, competitive advantage of an organisation.
- Introduction, Case Study Reading Technique and Case Study Analysis
- Strategy Process and Practice
- Thinking Strategically About the Firm and the Business Environment
- Managing Resources and Capabilities
- Creating Future Direction
- Business-Level Strategy
- Corporate-Level Strategy
- Managing Innovation, M & A, and the Dynamic Scope of the Firm
- Leading Organisational Change
- Business Strategy, Performance Measurement
- Corporate Governance and Social Responsibility
- Discussion forum/Discussion Board
- Embedded Multimedia
- Web links
- Online assignment submission
- Standard Media
You cannot enrol in this subject if you have successfully completed any of the following subject(s) because they are considered academically equivalent:
You are recommended to have completed the following subjects(s) or have equivalent knowledge before starting this subject:
No special requirements
In this subject you will gain an international strategic perspective on issues that concern the organisation. The subject integrates concepts from other MBA Executive subjects that cover specific areas of operating a business such as marketing, finance, accounting, human resource management and operations management, and uses these insights to provide you with a framework to design solutions to complex business problems and opportunities. The subject covers the evolution of the field of strategy and the need to balance strategy process, content and context.
Drawing on your professional experience you will explore the importance of business ethics including a well-developed ethics of governance regime to help achieve strategic organisational goals in an international business setting.
- Case Study & Presentation (40%)
- Case Study Analysis Report (10%)
- Take Home Exam (50%)
Click on the titles of the listed books below to find out more:
Textbook information is pending.