You are currently viewing the 2018 version of this course. Change to 2019
- Introduction to Business Operations Management
- Forecasting, Vision and Strategy, Design Thinking, Concepts, OH&S
- Supply Chain Management
- Operations Strategy
- Vision and Strategy, Design
- Assessment: Present Team Vision and Strategy Report
- Managing Projects
- Ethics in Business
- Managing Quality
- Managing Risk
- Gap Analysis
- Gap Analysis Assessment, Finalisation of Course
You are recommended to have completed the following subjects(s) or have equivalent knowledge before starting this subject:
- RMI-BUSM4536-Design Thinking for Business
No special requirements
The subject will provide you as entry level managers with the knowledge, skills and ethics to manage business operations in an internationally competitive environment. You will be introduced to key business operations concepts and undertake the functional roles of business operations managers in a simulation. In addition, you are provided with lectures on contemporary business operations issues such as manufacturing, occupational health and safety (OH&S), and contracting.
This subject includes a Work Integrated Learning (WIL) experience where your knowledge and skills will be applied and assessed in a simulated workplace context and where feedback from industry is integral to your experience.
- Case Study (20%)
- Capsim group assignment (50%)
- Assessment - Contribution (10%)
- Capsim Individual Assignment (20%)
Textbook information is pending.