Business IT and Supply Chain
Recognise the impact information technology has on supply chain efficiency and logistics.
Weigh in on e-supply chain management infrastructure and security. Draw your own e-supply chain design using a company's business model as inspiration.
Your upfront cost: $0
Subjects may require attendance
- 31 May 2021
QS RANKING 2021
Times Higher Education Ranking 2021
On successful completion of this subject you will be able to:
- Improve business logistics and supply chain management operations through the effective implementation of information technology.
- Integrate business models with supply chain design focusing on information sharing to sustain business operations.
- Identify and evaluate e-supply chain design issues and generate effective solutions.
- Develop, plan and select an appropriate e-supply chain design for a company based on its business model, overall business strategy, capabilities and current supply chain configuration.
- Identify and determine the importance of e-supply chain management in assisting the functional areas of e-business and e-commerce.
- Contribute to the work of a team to generate solutions to a range of e-supply chain management problems.
- Please refer to RMIT University’s Learning Management System - Canvas, for further details.
You are recommended to have completed the following subjects(s) or have equivalent knowledge before starting this subject:
No special requirements
In this subject you will explore the significance of information utilisation and sharing in supply chain management. The subject will cover how proper use of real-time information can help reduce inventory, lead time, cycle time, and other wastes in the supply chain and enhance overall efficiency and responsiveness. The use of information in this way relies heavily on computer hardware and software, particularly information technology developed around the Internet.
The rationale behind the migration from traditional supply chain to e-supply chain, and the approach to implementing e-supply chain using available technologies will be a major theme in the subject.
- Assessment Task 1 (Linked CLOs: 1, 5, 6) (20%)
- Assessment Task 2 (Linked CLOs: 2, 3, 4, 5, 6) (30%)
- Assessment Task 3 (Linked CLOs: 1, 2, 4, 5) (50%)
Check the learning management system (LMS) of your university for textbook details.