BSBWRK510 Manage Employee Relations
Develop your skills and management techniques to plan, carry out and evaluate your own work or the work of a team. Learn how to negotiate with employees, manage conflict, resolve disputes and deal with industrial relations issues.
There are no available classes. Find another subject.
At the completion of this subject you will be able to:
- develop employee and industrial relations policies and plans
- implement employee relations policies and plans
- manage negotiations to resolve conflict.
- Analyse strategic plans and operational plans to determine long-term employee relations objectives
- Analyse existing employee relations performance in relation to workforce objectives
- Evaluate options in terms of cost-benefit, risk analysis and current legislative requirements
- Work with the management team to develop industrial relations policies and plans
- Identify the skills and knowledge needed by management and the workforce to effectively implement these strategies/policies
- Develop an implementation plan and contingency plan for the employee relations policies and strategies
- Make arrangements for training and development for identified needs to support the employee relations plan
- Undertake associated employee relations activities to reach agreement on changes required by policies or implementation plan
- Ensure procedures for addressing grievances and conflict are properly documented
- Communicate key issues about procedures for addressing grievances and conflict
- Review employee relations policies and plans to establish whether they are meeting their intended outcomes
- Train individuals in conflict management techniques and procedures
- Identify and where possible alleviate or eliminate sources of conflict or grievance according to legal requirements
- Check documentation and other information sources to clarify issues in dispute
- Obtain expert or specialist advice and/or refer to precedents, if required
- Determine desired negotiation outcomes, negotiation strategy and negotiation timeframes
- Advocate the organisation's position in negotiation to obtain agreement
- Document and if necessary certify the agreed outcomes with the relevant jurisdiction
- Implement agreements
No eligibility requirements
- OtherDetails -
Students will require access to a computer with internet access. A webcam or laptop with a camera is recommended to fully participate in online sessions. All sessions are recorded in multiple formats for offline viewing or listening. Although not mandatory, students in this program will benefit from being able to undertake assessment tasks in the context of a relevant workplace (i.e their employer).
- Work Based Project/Report (100%)
- Journal/Blog (Competency Only) (0%)