BSBWHS501 Ensure a Safe Workspace
There are no available classes. Find another subject.
At the completion of this subject you will be able to:
- establish and maintain a WHS management system.
- establish and maintain effective and compliant participative arrangements for managing WHS.
- establish and maintain procedures for effectively identifying hazards, and assessing and controlling risks.
- evaluate and maintain a WHS management system.
- Locate, adapt, adopt and communicate WHS policies that clearly define the organisation's commitment to complying with WHS legislation.
- Identify duty holders and define WHS responsibilities for all workplace personnel according to WHS legislation, policies, procedures and programs
- Identify and approve financial and human resources required by the WHS management system (WHSMS).
- Work with workers and their representatives to set up and maintain participation arrangements according to relevant WHS legislation
- Appropriately resolve issues raised through participation and consultation arrangements according to relevant WHS legislation.
- Promptly provide information about the outcomes of participation and consultation to workers and ensure it is easy for them to access and understand
- Develop procedures for ongoing hazard identification, and assessment and control of associated risks
- Include hazard identification at the planning, design and evaluation stages of any change in the workplace to ensure that new hazards are not created
- Develop and maintain procedures for selecting and implementing risk controls according to the hierarchy of control and WHS legislative requirements.
- Identify inadequacies in existing risk control measures in accordance with the hierarchy of control and enable implementation of new measures
- Identify requirements for expert WHS advice, and request this advice as required
- Develop and provide a WHS induction and training program for all workers as part of the organisation's training program
- Use a system for WHS recordkeeping to allow identification of patterns of occupational injury and disease in the organisation, and to maintain a recor
- Measure and evaluate the WHSMS in line with the organisation¿s quality systems framework
- Develop and implement improvements to the WHSMS to achieve organisational WHS objectives.
- Ensure compliance with the WHS legislative framework so that, as a minimum, WHS legal requirements are achieved
No eligibility requirements
- OtherDetails -
Students will require access to a computer with internet access. A webcam or laptop with a camera is recommended to fully participate in online sessions. All sessions are recorded in multiple formats for offline viewing or listening. Although not mandatory, students in this program will benefit from being able to undertake assessment tasks in the context of a relevant workplace (i.e their employer).
- Journal/Blog (Competency Only) (0%)
- Work Based Project/Report (100%)