BSBRSK501 Manage Risk
Examine work health and safety in an organisation. Obtain the skills and knowledge needed to establish, maintain and evaluate WHS policies and procedures. Learn how to comply with quality systems frameworks and legal requirements.
There are no available classes. Find another subject.
At the completion of this subject you will be able to:
- establish risk context
- identify risks
- analyse risks
- select and implement treatments.
- Review organisational processes, procedures and requirements for undertaking risk management
- Determine scope for risk management process
- Identify internal and external stakeholders and their issues
- Review political, economic, social, legal, technological and policy context
- Review strengths and weaknesses of existing arrangements
- Document critical success factors, goals or objectives for area included in scope
- Obtain support for risk management activities
- Communicate with relevant parties about the risk management process and invite participation
- Invite relevant parties to assist in the identification of risks
- Research risks that may apply to scope
- Use tools and techniques to generate a list of risks that apply to the scope, in consultation with relevant parties
- Assess likelihood of risks occurring
- Assess impact or consequence if risks occur
- Evaluate and prioritise risks for treatment
- Determine and select most appropriate options for treating risks
- Develop an action plan for implementing risk treatment
- Communicate risk management processes to relevant parties
- Ensure all documentation is in order and appropriately stored
- Implement and monitor action plan
- Evaluate risk management process
No eligibility requirements
- OtherDetails -
Students will require access to a computer with internet access. A webcam or laptop with a camera is recommended to fully participate in online sessions. All sessions are recorded in multiple formats for offline viewing or listening. Although not mandatory, students in this program will benefit from being able to undertake assessment tasks in the context of a relevant workplace (i.e their employer).
- Journal/Blog (Competency Only) (0%)
- Work Based Project/Report (100%)