Shine the spotlight on alternative investments in the asset management industry. Measure the return and risk profiles of hedge funds, commodities and real estate. Ascertain whether alternative investments can mesh with a mainstream portfolio strategy.
Your upfront cost: $0
- 19 Jul 2021
QS RANKING 2021
Times Higher Education Ranking 2021
On successful completion of this subject you will be able to:
- CLO 1: Examine and assess return, risk and other relevant characteristics of alternative investments
- CLO 2: Analyse the role of alternative investments in portfolio management and explore the increasing significance of alternative investments in asset management industry
- CLO 3: Construct a portfolio that includes alternative investments
- CLO 4: Understand due diligence related to investing in alternative investments
- CLO 5: Work and communicate collaboratively in a professional environment.
- Please refer to RMIT University's Learning Management System - Canvas, for further details.
In order to enrol in this subject, you must be accepted into one of the following degrees:
No special requirements
In this subject you will develop skills and knowledge of alternative investments that are predominantly used in the asset management industry. It provides an in-depth look at risk and return characteristics of various alternative investments including hedge funds, commodities, real estate and private equity (venture capital, leverage buyouts, mezzanine financing and distressed debt). You will also assess the use of alternative investments into mainstream portfolio management strategy.
- Assessment Task 1 (Linked CLOs: 1, 2, 4) (20%)
- Assessment Task 3 (Linked CLOs: 1, 2, 3, 4) (50%)
- Assessment Task 2 (Linked CLOs: 1, 2, 4, 5) (30%)
Current study term: 18 Jul 21 to 24 Oct 21)
Check the learning management system (LMS) of your university for textbook details.