Warning! This subjects requires on campus attendance. Refer to Special Requirements for more information.
Advanced Immunology and Cell Technologies
Boost your knowledge and response to immunology in diagnostics and therapeutic research. Study pathogens and antigen processing and presentation. Expose immune responses and immune deficiency. Reveal antibodies, vaccines and vaccinations
There are no available classes. Find another subject.
Online and other materials
Subjects may require attendance
- 27 May 2019
At the completion of this subject students will have:
- Advanced knowledge of the underlying principles of immunology and its application in solving problems in biological systems;
- An awareness of some current research activities in the field and possible applications of this knowledge;
- A working knowledge of some immunological techniques and their application;
- Skills in critical review and analysis of scientific data and the oral and written communication of scientific information.
This subject will develop graduate attributes of knowledge ability, critical-thinking, technical competency, self-directed learning skills, problem-solving and communication skills (written, verbal and interpersonal).
- Antigen processing and presentation, T cell activation, cytokine networks
- Cancer immunology
- Transplantation immunology
You are recommended to have completed the following subjects(s) or have equivalent knowledge before starting this subject:
- AttendanceDetails - Practical - minimum five days campus attendance required
2019, Study Period 2:
- Jul 1 - 5, 2019 9:30am - 5:00pm*
*More details will be provided at the commencement of the relevant Study Period and available on Blackboard.
- Practical (15%)
- Essay (35%)
- Invigilated Exam (50%)
Textbook information is pending.