You are currently viewing the 2018 version of this course. Change to 2019
- Impact of climate change on different economic sectors
- Impact of climate change on individual entities.
- Use of established frameworks and risk based tools
- Ranking potential climate change impacts
- Online Quizzes/Tests
- Online assignment submission
- Podcasting/Lecture capture
- Book of readings
- Online Assessment
You are recommended to have completed the following subjects(s) or have equivalent knowledge before starting this subject:
- MUR-EENV599-Climate Change Science and Policy
No special requirements
Develops understanding of the predicted impacts of climate change associated with human induced global warming at the global, national, regional, sectoral and entity level. It is the first of two subjects which use established frameworks, tools and approaches to developing practical, justifiable climate change adaptation plans and strategies based on scientific, risk based approaches. The subject teaches how to identify potential climate change effects on a sector or entity’s activities and assets and to identify and rank those potential impacts and risks.
- Mid-Semester assignment (20%)
- End-of-semester assignment (20%)
- Open book invigilated exam (50%)
- On line quizzes (10%)
Textbook information is pending.