- Politics, policies and processes.
- Financial instruments
- Marginal Abatement Cost Curves (MACC)
- Standards for an effective carbon management strategy
- Methodologies for carbon offsets
- Accreditation schemes
- Online Quizzes/Tests
- Online assignment submission
- Podcasting/Lecture capture
- Book of readings
You are recommended to have completed the following subjects(s) or have equivalent knowledge before starting this subject:
- MUR-EENV504-Greenhouse Gas Reporting and Life Cycle Assessment
- MUR-EENV599-Climate Change Science and Policy
No special requirements
This subject develops knowledge of the frameworks, strategies and methods for managing (reducing) greenhouse gas (carbon) emissions at the international, national and entity level. This includes the main policy and financial instruments used at national level. The degree also looks at the financial instruments and management strategies used to effectively manage carbon emissions at entity level. The latter part of the degree looks at the standards and methodologies for the generation of carbon offsets and achieving credible carbon neutrality.
- Mid-semester assignment (20%)
- End-of-semester assignment (20%)
- Open book invigilated exam (50%)
- On-line quizzes (10%)
Textbooks are not required.
Textbook information is pending.