This subject is a reading-intensive seminar—you’ll review essays and critique insights from classic texts as they relate to security studies and real-world issues. Deconstruct the historical context and assumptions that influence contemporary debate.
Enrolments for this year have closed. Keep exploring subjects.
This research-intensive university in north-western Sydney offers a range of undergraduate and postgraduate degrees. With over 30,000 current students, Macquarie has a strong reputation for welcoming international students and embracing flexible and convenient study options, including its partnership with Open Universities Australia.
QS RANKING 2020
Times Higher Education Ranking 2020
At the completion of this subject students will be able to:
- understand arguments developed by key strategic thinkers, their historical context and their application in the different dimensions of modern strategy
- critically analyze and contrast arguments by key strategic thinkers
- produce structured arguments building on major theoretical frameworks in the field of strategic studies
- apply the key concepts and ideas reviewed in the couse to analyze and explain past and contemporary strategic issues
- understand how concept and ideas explored in this degree relate to the other subjects of the program.
You must have successfully completed the following subject(s) before starting this subject:
No special requirements
- Assessment 1 (25%)
- Assessment 4 (25%)
- Assessment 2 (25%)
- Assessment 3 (25%)