Study the networks, drivers and impacts via open source research and discussion by current industry professionals. See the link between organised crime and terrorism, and scrutinise the role of technology in emerging crime markets.
Enrolments for this year have closed. Keep exploring subjects.
This research-intensive university in north-western Sydney offers a range of undergraduate and postgraduate degrees. With over 30,000 current students, Macquarie has a strong reputation for welcoming international students and embracing flexible and convenient study options, including its partnership with Open Universities Australia.
QS RANKING 2020
Times Higher Education Ranking 2020
On completion of this subject you will be able to:
- evaluate the markets, networks and key drivers of organised crime on a regional and international basis
- examine and explore critical texts, concepts and theories relating to the investigation of organised crime.
- examine the socio-economic factors that drive the development of organised crime
- investigate the macro and micro level impacts of organised crime on society
- examine the linkage between organised crime and terrorism
- investigate the emerging markets for organised crime including the role of technology in its facilitation.
- Discussion forum/Discussion Board
- Online assignment submission
- Podcasting/Lecture capture
- Streaming Multimedia
- Web links
- Resources and Links
No eligibility requirements
No special requirements
- Assessment 2 (50%)
- Assessment 3 (20%)
- Assessment 1 (30%)