Warning! This unit contains mature content and may not be suitable for some students. Any student under the age of 16 who would like to enrol in this unit must first complete a Parental Consent Form.
- From Great Writers to the death of the author
- Writing the self
- Writing and the Truth
- Disscusion forum/Discussion Board
- Online assignment submission
- Standard Media
- Resources and Links
You cannot enrol in this unit if you have successfully completed any of the following subject(s) because they are considered academically equivalent:
You must complete Level 1 Cultural Studies before starting this subject.
No special requirements
This subject was previously known as CLT230 Narrative Journalism.
This subject is designed for students who are interested in exploring writing both creatively and critically. The aim of this subject is to help students develop their own skills and knowledge as creative writers. It will do this in two ways:
- via a series of lectures on key theoretical issues to do with writing, such as the historical identity of the writer, the nature of narrative, the relationship between writing and subjectivity and the representation of truth
- via workshopping students’ writing projects.
- Assignment 1 - Assignment 1 (20%)
- Assignment 2 - Assignment 2 (30%)
- Assignment 3 - Assignment 3 (50%)