Manuscript Project (Half Year, Part B)
Enrolments for this year have closed. Keep exploring subjects.
- 27 Jul 2020
This research-intensive university in north-western Sydney offers a range of undergraduate and postgraduate degrees. With over 30,000 current students, Macquarie has a strong reputation for welcoming international students and embracing flexible and convenient study options, including its partnership with Open Universities Australia.
QS RANKING 2020
Times Higher Education Ranking 2020
On successful completion of this unit, students will be able to:
- Plan and commence on a manuscript in the genres of novella, novel, short story collection or poetry sequence.
- Exercise higher level editorial abilities through independent reflection, revision and rewriting of the manuscript.
- Locate and appraise appropriate resources to develop the manuscript.
- Utilise professional and mature communication skills and capacity to respond to feedback.
- Identify and resolve ethical and/or copyright issues in relation to the creative work’s subject matter, sources or potential audience.
- A week-by-week guide to the topics you will explore in this subject will be provided in your study materials.
You must either have successfully completed the following subject(s) before starting this subject, or enrol in the following subject(s) to study at the same time or prior to this subject:
Permission by special approval and Admission to Master of Creative Writing
No special requirements
In this unit, continuing on from work undertaken in ENGX8026, students complete a 25,000 word creative manuscript (or equivalent in the case of poetry), which may be a complete work, or part of a longer work. The unit is suitable for experienced writers undertaking a sustained piece of writing. You work independently with regular feedback from a writing supervisor, meeting regularly throughout the semester. The completed manuscript is assessed by two readers, one of whom is usually a professional writer writing in a relevant genre. To complete the Manuscript Project in the Half Year mode, both units must be undertaken.
- Manuscript Planning and Conceptulaisation (20%%)
- Creative work (60%%)
- Reflective Writing (20%%)
Check the learning management system (LMS) of your university for textbook details.