- A week-by-week guide to the topics you will explore in this subject will be provided in your study materials.
- Disscusion forum/Discussion Board
- Online assignment submission
- Podcasting/Leacture capture
- Streaming Multimedia
- Web links
- Resources and Links
No eligibility requirements
No special requirements
This subject introduces students to key issues and challenges of the new global terrorism which emerged after the end of the Cold War. The subject begins by exploring the seminal events of 9-11, the nature and challenge of the new global terrorism and the responses of the Subjected States and other key states to it. The subject then examines the definition, causes and tactics of terrorist groups, as well as various terrorism typologies, which illustrate the diversity and complexity of terrorist groups and motivations. The subject also assesses counter-terrorism strategies as well as international counter-terrorism and policing cooperation. This subject utilizes perspectives and knowledge drawn from history, terrorism studies, foreign policy, counter-terrorism and counter-insurgency to examine, in a holistic manner, the phenomenon of contemporary terrorism and how to counter it.
- Assignment 1 - Assessment 1 (5%)
- Assignment 2 - Assessment 2 (20%)
- Assignment 3 - Assessment 3 (40%)
- Assignment 4 - Assessment 4 (35%)
Master of International Security Studies/Cyber Security,Policing, Intelligence and Counter Terrorism