Humanitarian Intervention and Peacekeeping
Unravel the reasons why these operations occur, who authorises them, who becomes involved, what underpins them from a legal and ethical perspective and what the challenges are. Study the theories behind the responsibility to protect
There are no available classes. Find another subject.
This research-intensive university in north-western Sydney offers a range of undergraduate and postgraduate degrees. With over 30,000 current students, Macquarie has a strong reputation for welcoming international students and embracing flexible and convenient study options, including its partnership with Open Universities Australia.
Upon fulfilling the requirements of this subject, students will have achieved the following:
- Be familiar with and possess the ability to critically evaluate the scholarship on humanitarian intervention and peacekeeping
- The development of a strong conceptual and empirical awareness of humanitarian intervention
- Demonstrate independent research skills, critical analysis, and persuasive scholarly writing skills
- The ability to write a major essay that makes an argument showing an interpretation of a humanitarian intervention issue.
- Discussion forum/Discussion Board
- Online assignment submission
- Standard Media
- Streaming Multimedia
- Web links
- Resources and Links
No eligibility requirements
No special requirements
- Assessment 2 (20%)
- Assessment 3 (60%)
- Assessment 1 (20%)