Warning! This unit contains mature content and may not be suitable for some students. Any student under the age of 16 who would like to enrol in this unit must first complete a Parental Consent Form.
- What is genre?
- Mixing genres
- Transgressing/transgressive genres
- Detective fiction
- Gothic fiction and vampirism
- Autobiography and the blog
- Fan fiction
- Disscusion forum/Discussion Board
- Online assignment submission
- Standard Media
- Resources and Links
You cannot enrol in this unit if you have successfully completed any of the following subject(s) because they are considered academically equivalent:
No special requirements
This subject was previously known as CLT340 Genre Writing.
In short: This is hands on exploration of genre writing, but also a chance for fans to play with creation, and creators to use theory to help understand their practice. There’s lots of opportunity for analysis, practice and questioning why writers do what they do, looking at the effect their cultural practice has on readers and other writers.
- Assignment 1 - Assignment 1 (20%)
- Assignment 2 - Assignment 2 (30%)
- Assignment 3 - Assignment 3 (50%)