- a) Professional Experience (the internship)
- b) Written assessment: Professional Portfolio = 8 Sections (1200 -1400 words each)
- Section 1: Who am as I a teacher?
- Section 2: Learning Envirnonment
- Section 3: Relationships with children
- Section 4 :Planning for learning
- Section 5 : Relationships with families
- Section 6 :Relationships with professional colleagues
- Section 7 : Taking on a leadership role
- Section 8: Reflections on the internship
- Two written work-in- progress reports before the submission of the whole portfolio. The whole unit is built around these topics.
- c) Professional Journal: Your journal is your personal record of professional decision-making and you are not required to share your journal.
- You may, however, choose to share selected pages in your discussions with your support team (mentor and supervisor).
- Journal entries will not be assessed, you share your ideas and concerns with other students on line.
- Discussion forum/Discussion Board
- Embedded Multimedia
- Online assignment submission
- Podcasting/Lecture capture
- Standard Media
- Web links
You cannot enrol in this subject if you have successfully completed any of the following subject(s) because they are considered academically equivalent:
You must have successfully completed the following subject(s) before starting this subject:
MAQ-ECHX603-Early Childhood Professional Practice 1 , or MAQ-ECEX603
MAQ-ECHX825-Early Childhood Professional Practice 2 , or MAQ-ECEX825
No special requirements
This subject was previously known as ECEX829 Early Childhood Postgraduate Internship.
This subject enables students to refine their roles as early childhood teachers. During the internship students will have opportunities to strengthen their autonomy and independence as a teacher of young children as they explore their role within the centre and its local community. With increasing confidence, students will be able to justify their decision making as a teacher responding to the challenges of daily work in an early childhood centre. The internship contains a 30 day placement to be completed as three days a week over ten weeks. Students may complete the internship requirements in their own workplace where appropriate.
- Professional Portfolio (100%)
- Prof. Exp - un/satisfactory (0%)
Textbook information is pending.