Warning! This unit contains mature content and may not be suitable for some students. Any student under the age of 16 who would like to enrol in this unit must first complete a Parental Consent Form.
- Cultural studies and research
- Critical whiteness studies
- Critical legal studies
- Australian cultural studies
- Performance studies
- Disscusion forum/Discussion Board
- Online assignment submission
- Standard Media
- Resources and Links
You cannot enrol in this unit if you have successfully completed any of the following subject(s) because they are considered academically equivalent:
You must have successfully completed the following subject(s) before starting this subject:
- MAQ-MECX321-Racialised Punishment and the Construction of Nation
- MAQ-MECX340-Genre Writing
- MAQ-MECX322-Screening (Ab)normal Bodies
No special requirements
This subject was previously known as CLT370 Cultural Contexts.
This subject gives cultural studies students an opportunity to reflect on what they have learned - about what kinds of research questions cultural studies asks, the methodologies it uses and the theoretical frameworks it deploys. Students explore the ways cultural studies can be used beyond undergraduate study - for further research, such as Masters or postgraduate research, and for understanding workplaces or other domains of cultural practice.
- Assignment 1 - Assignment 1 (20%)
- Assignment 2 - Assignment 2 (30%)
- Assignment 3 - Assignment 3 (50%)
Textbooks are subject to change within the academic year. Students are advised to purchase their books no earlier than one to two months before the start of a subject