- A week-by-week guide to the topics you will explore in this subject will be provided in your study materials.
- Assignment 1 - Assignment — short exercises (15%)
- Assignment 2 - Non-Invigilated Exam — translation & grammar analysis (50%)
- Assignment 3 - Participation — online grammar discussion (20%)
- Assignment 4 - Test — short answer questions (15%)
Textbooks are subject to change within the academic year. Students are advised to purchase their books no earlier than one to two months before the start of a subject
No eligibility requirements
No special requirements
This subject is an introduction to classical Hebrew for students who have not previously studied Biblical Hebrew. This subject provides students with an introduction to the Hebrew alphabet, and to the grammar and vocabulary of Biblical Hebrew, in preparation for the study of a number of biblical texts.