- Introduction to sports nutrition
- Exercise physiology and metabolism; energy systems
- Energy requirements and estimating energy expenditure
- Macronutrient requirements
- Training and competition demands in various sports
- Sports foods, supplements and ergogenic aids
- Discussion forum/Discussion Board
- Embedded Multimedia
- Online Quizzes/Tests
- Online assignment submission
- Podcasting/Lecture capture
- Web links
- Study guide
- Resources and Links
- Online Assessment
You must have successfully completed the following subject(s) before starting this subject:
- OtherDetails -
This subject is offered via Open Universities Australia. La Trobe University students can undertake this subject as part of a cross institutional enrolment under certain circumstances, and must seek approval from the Bachelor of Food and Nutrition Course Coordinator for eligibility. Due to the nature of the subject content and online delivery, enrolments are generally not permitted past the published OUA enrolment date for the study period.
Please note: this subject was previously known as Sports Nutrition.
In this subject students will learn the essentials of human nutrition that improve and sustain optimal performance for sport and exercise for both elite and recreational athletes. It will cover topics including training and competition nutrition along with exploring the nutritional challenges seen across the lifespan and specific sports.
- 1500 word assignment (35%)
- 1500 word case study analysis (15%)
- 2 x 1 hour online quizzes (50%)
Click on the titles of the listed books below to find out more:
Textbook information is pending.